Ollie George Cigliano
Pasta al Zucchini
Updated: Jul 26, 2022
One of our most treasured and requested recipes from @laef_losal Summer Food Exploration - Pasta al Zucchini!
White or yellow onion
Parmigiano Reggiano 👑
Salt and Pepper
Finishing salt & fresh basil (optional)
Fettuccine or any pasta you like (we used DeCecco 💙 fettuccine)
Colander or spider
Cup for pasta water
Large bowl for pasta
Mandolino for shaving parm, or just grate
1. Start pasta water (salt the water)
2. Melt butter in pan
3. Add thinly cut onion and zucchini
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. When pasta water is at a rolling boil, add pasta. Make sure to stir so pasta does not stick to the bottom or each other
6. Cook pasta until al dente
7. Drain, reserving some of the pasta water.
8. In a large bowl add zucchini and onion, parm and more butter. Add reserved pasta water and mix with grease cooked pasta.
9. Plate and serve using the tongs to twirl into a little nest.
10. Top with more parm and finishing salt and basil, if desired (and why wouldn’t you?)
This is a fun and delicious dish you can make as a family. The sauce comes together in about the time it takes to make the pasta. It’s at once a great weekday dinner and a show-stopper served in a big beautiful bowl 🤩.
#cookingwithkids #foodeducation #laef #chefollie #foodexploration #pasta #quickdishes #zucchini #onion #italian #italianfood #italianamerican #italoamericano #teachthemyoung